Lead Pastor — Currently we are without a full-time pastor, but are being led by Mike McQuitty, our Intentional Interim. In addition, a Transition Team of six members works alongside Pastor Mike to provide the guidance and steering that the lead pastor would be providing.
- The Vision Team leads Valley by praying and seeking direction from God in understanding the specific directions God is calling us to move.
- Current members are - Susan and Harold Tinsley
- This team is made up of leaders of a multitude of areas in the life of Valley. Together they strive to keep Valley working towards "Making Disciples...as Family...on Mission."
- This team serves to keep Valley focused and moving forward during our transition time. Their responsibilities are
- Work in cooperation with Valley’s Vision Team and Leadership Team to make decisions regarding transitions in this interim season.
- Provide leadership to Sunday morning worship including the securing of interim preaching and worship music personnel.
- Serve as direct oversight and advocate for Valley’s Ministry Assistant in the absence of a Lead Pastor.
- Serve as primary contact with Vision Team to an outside consultant to help determine the road ahead for Valley.
- Recommend creation of a Pastoral Search Committee when appropriate and recommend members of the Pastoral Search Committee with input from Vision Team and Leadership Team.
- Serve as a temporary intermediary between VBC and Maryland Christian Church and VBC and Valley Baptist Preschool.
- Current members are - Aaron Stewart, Alvin Bowles, Cathy Burgess, Ellen York, Ethan Stevenson, and Jacque Spielman.