Lead Pastor — Chad Morreau
Chad and Callie Morreau came to Valley in 2014, from Albany, Missouri where Chad spent four years serving as Senior Pastor and Callie was a public school teacher. Since then, they’ve added Emery and Wilson to the family.
Both Chad and Callie have served in numerous ministry roles all over the world. Chad has served in youth ministry in Kentucky, along with college ministry in Kentucky, Texas, and Arizona. Callie has served in student ministry in Texas and Oklahoma and as a Missions Pastor in Oklahoma. Chad and Callie met while training to move overseas and serve in different countries as Journeymen with the International Mission Board. Both have spent extensive time working globally.
Both Chad and Callie have seminary degrees: Callie has a Masters in Missions from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. Chad has a Masters of Divinity from George W. Truett Theological Seminary at Baylor University.
Together, they are committed to doing ministry as a family in the church and in the community. Their time overseas has helped develop a deep commitment to the local church, diversity, and to the church’s call to make disciples among our neighbors and the nations.
Worship Leader — Wendy Elkins
Wendy began attending Valley in 1985 and began singing on the Valley Praise team as a teenager. In 1998, she met Jeff at Valley and they were married in 2001. Since then, they’ve added Jackson, Julianna, Logan, Jude, and Riggs to the family.
Both Wendy and Jeff have served in various ministry positions. Wendy has served as the praise team leader at multiple churches in Texas and in Baltimore. Jeff has worked as an Executive Pastor for three different churches. Wendy and Jeff were founding parents of City Neighbors Hamilton Elementary School where Wendy worked as the school’s first K-8 music teacher. Wendy and Jeff spent five years planting an innovative missional community in Baltimore. In addition to her work as Valley’s worship leader, Wendy is a Teacher’s Aide for Valley Baptist Preschool. Jeff currently works as an author and leads in multiple ways around Valley.
Both Wendy and Jeff have degrees from Baylor University. Jeff has a Masters of Divinity from George W. Truett Theological Seminary. Wendy has a Bachelors in Music education and is a certified elementary music teacher.
As a family, they are committed to imitating the love of Jesus in their community, seeking justice for the underserved, and helping others connect with God.
- Vision Team - leading Valley by praying and seeking direction from God in understanding the specific directions God is calling us to move.
- Family Strategy Team - leading Valley by keeping the conversation of caring for our church family front and center.
- Missions Strategy Team - leading Valley by keeping the conversation of impaction our neighbors and the nations front and center.
- Connection Strategy Team - leading Valley by connecting people with our strategies to assist their journey toward making and becoming disciples as family on mission.
- A multitude of committees manage and oversee the resources we have been given stewardship over. These include, but are not limited to: our facility, our staff, our budget, our property and our finances.