As the state of Maryland begins to reduce restrictions on gatherings among churches, Valley looks forward to providing the opportunity for those who wish to do so to gather again at the church building.
Our Regathering Service will be on Sunday, July 12th, at 9:30 a.m. Things will look a little different and that is outlined below.
We also want everyone to know that while this is available, it is not a requirement. Many of us feel very comfortable being out and around people and others are still uncomfortable or more vulnerable. Please make decisions for yourself and your family based on your comfort levels and keeping in mind the guidelines below.
If you plan to attend, please fill out the RSVP so that we can plan seating accordingly.
GUIDELINES TO FOLLOW FOR REGATHERING FOR WORSHIP
As we all are aware, we have been and will continue to be functioning under very different circumstances than what we are accustomed to experiencing. Consequently, what will be required of us as it relates to our church gatherings going forward will be much different. Therefore, we have established the following guidelines as it relates to our Sunday morning gatherings:
- Out of concern for your safety, we are asking that those who are considered in the vulnerable population be careful to consider whether you attend the gatherings. For our purposes, we have defined vulnerable as anyone over 60 years of age with significant underlying health conditions
- We are asking all parishioners to not attend these gatherings if you feel ill, have a cold, have had a fever within the last 24 hours, etc.
- For planning purposes, we are asking that if it is your intention to attend these gatherings that you notify the church each week by filling out the RSVP at https://reopen.church/r/22LhAlDq.
- The Sunday morning gathering will commence promptly at 9:30 am. We are asking that attendees arrive in sufficient time ahead of this start time to secure and position seating as required.
- Entry to the building will only be through the double doors off the circle. All other entrances will remain secure. Ushers will be at the entrance to assist with access and to make sure all patrons have masks.
- Everyone attending the gathering will be required to wear a mask. We are asking that you provide your own mask. However, some will be available if needed.
- The gathering will take place in the gym. We are asking that you sit as a family unit. Distancing will be required, based on the 6-foot limit, for all families. For individuals, the same distancing requirements apply. Chairs will be set up in the gym to accommodate the number of people who responded that they would be attending. If additional seating is required, it will be available. Person or person(s) will be available to assist with seating so that distancing requirements can be maintained. At the end of the service, we are asking that each family or individual wipe down the seats. Wipes will be available to facilitate this important step in the process.
- There will be no separate children’s activities when we gather. Children will stay with their parents.
- The lower level of the entire facility is closed for use. Please do not use the lower level.
- We are requesting that there be no congregating of groups inside the facility due to the distancing requirements. Congregating after worship will need to be done outside.
- Collection of offering- A table, with a receptacle on it to hold the offering, will be available as you enter the gymnasium. All offerings will need to be put in that location.
- NO printed material will be available.
- We are asking that only one person or child and adult use the restroom at a time. All children will need to be accompanied by an adult.
- The only restrooms that are open for use are the two on the main floor adjacent to the drinking fountain.
- All patrons are asked to wash hands before leaving the restroom and to use the paper towel to open the door when they exit. Deposit towel/wipe in trash container that will be located outside the restroom. Hand sanitizer will also be available outside the restroom.
- NO DOWNSTAIRS FACILITES WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR USE.